Pharmacy Museum Blankenhain
“The dose alone makes a thing not a poison” – Paracelsius
A journey into the past.
The city pharmacy, privileged by the Grand Duke of Saxony since 1701, was used as a pharmacy until April 1993. From 1994 to 2006 it housed a medical supply store. Pharmacist family Lattmann in 4th generation opened a museum in the old rooms of the town pharmacy in April 2010. The lived pharmacy history in Blankenhain is exhibited in the cross vault of the historic pharmacy.
With attention to detail, the following exhibits are on display:
– Special items from the inventory of several generations of pharmacists
– Objects from the tea and herb chamber
– drug collections
– pharmaceutical glass and porcelain vessels
– privileges, contemporary documents and labels of various owners
– historical recipe books
– prescriptions of a country pharmacy
– book collection